The Municipal Network of Libraries of Murcia (RMBM), dependent on the Department of Urban Agenda and Open Government, led by Mercedes Bernabé, approaches its users through the eBiblio service, which allows the loan of electronic books, press and audiobooks to through the internet.
"We want to remind our users that the RMBM branches are closed, but they have at their disposal a digital catalog that they can use during the period of isolation that we are living to avoid the spread of COVID-19," explains the mayor.
In this way, Murcians have access to books, newspapers and magazines in electronic format, as well as streaming movies through the address http://murcia.ebiblio.es and the links on the web www.rmbm.org .
It is also accessible through the eBiblio app, available for iOS and Android.
It is a service promoted by the Ministry of Culture and Sports, managed by the Murcia Regional Library.
eBiblio Murcia offers a technological platform that allows access to the catalog and the loan of works in digital format to be able to read them on different devices: tablets, smartphones, personal computers or e-book readers compatible with DRM from Adobe.
How can I access?
To access the platform you must be a user of the Municipal Network of Libraries in Murcia.
People with a card can already access and those who do not have to register at http://rmbm.org/servicios/carne2.htm.
Also, by email the access data will be advanced and by postal mail the physical card will be sent.
The latest editorial news
eBiblio Murcia offers citizens a collection of editorial news of all kinds.
According to the classification that has been used for the selection and acquisition of works, there are electronic books with the following content:
- Fiction for adult audiences, including narrative, poetry and theater.
- General works on science and technology, social sciences, art and humanities.
- General works related to health issues, self-help and personal development, forms and activities related to leisure, travel, sports and computing of general interest.
- Fiction aimed at children and youth audiences, including narrative, poetry and theater.
- Non-fiction works for children and young people, including all kinds of subjects (art, music, history, science and technology, leisure, sports, etc.).
- Audiobooks, full versions of the written work, narrated by professionals and recorded in audio format.
- Daily press with its supplements and newsstand magazines.
Users can also access their eFILM Murcia, also managed by the Murcia Regional Library.
This is the platform for lending audiovisuals (cinema, documentaries, concerts, series and shorts) in streaming (there is no download).
It offers a varied catalog of films from the best selection of Spanish, European, independent and classic cinema.
Your access must be from a compatible device and an exclusive email account.
"From the department that I run we put ourselves at the service of the citizen, offering them all our services to make their stay at home as easy as possible," says Mercedes Bernabé.
Source: Ayuntamiento de Murcia